Thanks so much to Elizabeth for nominating me! Go visit her at Just Another Friday.
I stole this from her blog:
The rules of receiving this reward are...
1. Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers, who are
relatively new to blogging.
2. Let the nominated bloggers know
they have been nominated.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you, a
nd link back to them in your post.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger
award picture to your post.
My Life in Progress
Random facts about myself.
1. I was a cheerleader in high school.
2. I have 7 siblings total, but I'm an only child. Twin sisters from my mom, and 5 brothers and sisters from my dad's various marriages.
3. I LOVE to read. Nora Roberts especially. I can't get into anything heavy these days because my only reading time is at night, and I don't want to have to think too hard by then.
4. My mom took me to one of those modeling casting calls the summer before my freshman year in high school, and I was chosen to go to their big convention later that year. I got to have headshots taken, and walk a catwalk in front of a bigwigs from about a dozen modelling agencies. One of them that focuses on catalogs gave me a callback, and told me to come see them in NY, but I never did.
5. I'm a math nerd. I used to create algebra problems to help me sleep when I was a teenager. Algebra is still my favorite math, and I've been very slowly working on my accounting degree. I hate accounting. Sigh.
6. My feet have grown 2 full sizes since having kids. It's been a gradual thing, and not immediately after having them. I found out I'm now a 10 last summer, 3 years after my last kids were born.
7. I had cancer 3-ish years ago. It was in my right breast, but it was a very rare form of skin cancer. The radiologist who went over my biopsy results had to research what it was. It's called dermatofibrosarcoma. I was VERY lucky it was caught at all! I went in for my 6 week-postpartum checkup and my dr did a breast exam and thought he felt cysts, so he sent me in for an ultrasound since I was nursing. Turned out, he was feeling my milk ducts, but I really do have miniscule cysts in my boobs. Nothing to worry about, but he wanted me to follow up in 6 months with a mammogram if I was no longer nursing. At that mammogram appointment, they saw something suspicious in the very back edge of the picture, so they did a super up-close one that hurt like a bitch! It didn't look like a tumor, but also didn't quite look like a cyst, so I had a biopsy on it a couple weeks later. My type of cancer doesn't respond to chemo or radiation, so if the surgery didn't get it all, I'd lose a boob. Thankfully, I had a fantastic surgeon who took a very large margin and I got to keep my boobs. AND I had plenty to lose, so nobody can even tell. I see the dent when I'm not wearing a bra, and the big scar when I wear boobielicious shirts (see the Superman shirt. The dark spot on my boob is the thickest part of the scar).
I was 30 when I had cancer, and it was the scariest 2 months of my life. I still struggle around the anniversary, and when I have to go in for my mammograms and chest x-rays.
Now that I've depressed everyone, please go check out all the fantastic blogs I linked to above!