I've decided the best way for me to stay on track is to start small. Ultimately, I want to get down to about 140-145, but I'm not planning on losing it quickly. Instead of focusing on the big picture, I'm going to set a few weekly goals for myself and focus on the short-term. This way, I'll feel a sense of accomplishment as I achieve my goals every week. I'll post them at the end.
I weighed myself for the first time in maybe a month. I've gained 4 lbs! My starting weight is 162.2. I was so proud of myself for getting into the 150s. As you can see from my measurements, I have no curves! Even after having kids, I don't have hips to speak of. I've been chesty since puberty, and no amount of weight loss has ever changed that, so I don't expect to go down any shirt sizes. I would like to go down one or two jeans sizes, though. I'm currently a 10 or 12. My new favorite jeans are from PacSun, so they're junior sizes. I'm wearing an 11, but got a pair of 9s buttoned and zipped comfortably at the store. They were just a little tight, so I had a serious case of muffin top! I'd love to get down to a 7 again.
Goals for the week:
1. Drink 100 oz. of water a day. I'm breastfeeding, so I should be drinking way more water than I do.
2. Cut back on caffeine. My sister and I are up to grande frappucinos about 3-4x a week. Plus, I have a couple cans of Pepsi a day. Again, I'm breastfeeding so I really shouldn't drink so much caffeine. "Cut back on caffeine" is too abstract. I need numbers to be successful, so I'll say cut back to one can OR one tall frappucino a day. Also, I'm only allowed Starbucks/Seattle's Best twice a week.
3. Eat one vegetable and a fruit a day. French fries don't count! I know I should be eating much more than this, but some days it just doesn't happen. Most days, I just grab something quickly while my sister deals with the screaming babies. Yes they nap, but only for about a half hour at a time. Not nearly enough time to get everything done. Instead of reaching for Halloween candy, I'll try to grab an apple or some grapes.
4. Send the leftover Halloween candy to work with Damon on Monday. Also, DON'T BUY ANY MORE! I'm a sucker for the 75-90% off sales at Target. No more!
5. Get on the treadmill 3x. If Damon doesn't have to work, go to the Tuesday class. My sister and I were doing really well, then Damon started having to work late on Tuesdays so we haven't been in over a month.
That's it. Baby steps. Completely doable. I'll have to think of a little something non-food related to treat myself with if I accomplish every goal.